Friday 26 April 2013

laziness and puddles in the kitchen

I decided to start a blog and then I realized that writing blog posts is very difficult. It turns out that the way I speak in my head and out loud do not translate very well to paper errr...internet. Hopefully I don't hang myself with my tongue as it out distances my brain for all the world to see.
Lately I've been running away from my pinterest board and my to do list. I have curtains to sew, furniture to refinish, clothing to alter, a garden to tend, letters to write, and painting to do. BUT... Well, you see, I kind of  don't want to do any of that. My husband calls it the one sock syndrome (knitters will get it).  Instead I'd rather read books, play games, party with my kids, lay in the sun and watch grass grow.
Oh sure I get things done. Sort of. Not really.
As if to highlight this laziness fact my leaky tap has filled my sink and began overflowing in the kitchen whilst I write this post. Yup. I'm super lazy. There I've named the beast. Sloth is my deadly sin. Procrastination my crutch.
Part of me feels bad but the other part of me says "You didn't get enough sleep last night. You have clogged sinuses. It's too nice outside to be indoors. It's too hot to work in the garden. It's better to just lay here. Enjoy it!"

However the part that feels bad is quickly catching up to the part that feels lazy. This week is almost over but it's never too late to start. Right? 
Maybe next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment